Monday, July 9, 2007

Long time gone

Wow - almost a month since a Larry's World update? So sorry. I've had lots of posts working in my head... but that's about where it stops these days.

Today's topic? Television.

Channel 1: My latest reality TV obsessions.
For the past three summers, my summertime television treat has been So You Think You Can Dance.

Best. Show. Ever.

Well... OK. That might be an overstatement. But I do love it! My BFF, Tivo, records it twice a week (and on two televisions, in case of any recording mishaps. You laugh, but sometimes Cinema 1 isn't available when I feel the need to vicariously leap and spin about.).

Other summer faves are Age of Love (what a dumb show... I'm totally embarrassed to even admit that I watch it), the RW/RR Challenge (just ended; BOOOOO to the Bad Asses) and The Real World Reunited (Frank just needs to go away).

What I'm REALLY excited about, though, are those two karaoke shows (they're of such a high caliber that I can't even remember their names) -- you know, the ones hosted by Joey Fatone and Wayne Brady? Lunch time entertainment all week long. Score!

Channel 2: Old school faves (?)
Think back to the shows you watched growing up. For me, it was The Cosby Show (and later, A Different World), The Facts of Life, Family Ties... stuff like that. I remember thinking, "MAN, these shows are good. I can't wait until next week to find out what hi jinks Blossom will get into!" Well, today at lunch I was reunited with two old friends of mine:

Kate and Allie.

Wow. What a colossally bad show. I could only take it for about five minutes. That was seriously Must See TV for me back in the day. I'd like to be able to say that my intolerance for the show today has to do with my new found smart and witty TV preferences these days... but, I've already exposed my love of Crap TV (see Channel 1) so we certainly know that's not the case.

Channel 2.5: Seriously old school faves.
You know there's a show or two that you'll watch over and over again, no matter how many cycles it's been in syndication. For me, that show is Friends. For Todd, that show is Seinfeld.

Channel 3: OMG, the Twins are on today?
Yes. We've discussed this before. I'm somewhat behind on my ability to name the whole team, though. I'm a little ashamed of myself. I still think that Pitcherpotomas is on the team, when apparently he was sent down a long time ago (I just like Todd's and Tedward's nickname for him, though. hee hee hee. I have no idea what his actual name is).

So that's pretty much what I've been up to. How about you? :)

2 comments:

Marhs said...

Okay, so you know I like So YOU Think YOu Can Dance, but I've been too embarrassed to tell anyone I secretly can't stop watching Age of Love! Glad to know I'm not alone. What is it about that, it's a terrible show, but when I flip the channel and see it's on, (still don't know what day, but I've managed to catch most of the episodes so far), I have to stop and watch it! Terrible! :)

Becky said...

Oh, welcome to my cult. It's on Monday nights. 8 or 9, I'm not sure which.

My favorite part is when the one 20-something girl cries after any and every conversation. Good times. :)