So I started the new job last Monday... and found out that none of the affordable parking lots are available. By "affordable" I mean the ones that are under $150/month (which is all that is currently open).
Say hello to my new pal, Route 28X on the Metro.*
I joke about it, and in some ways I totally fear it, but I actually think it will be a good thing. We'll save parking money; gas money; wear and tear on my car; I'll get a decent walk in every day; and I'll be doing my part to save the environment. Oh, and when it's all snowy and crappy out? Sure, the walking part will suck, but at least I don't have to worry about navigating icy roads.
Plus, I'll only be a morning passenger. I'm planning to join the gym and exercise for a bit after work, and Todd will pick me up when he is done with work. We'll be commuting buddies! Awww, shmoopies.... :)
*Editor's note: My new boss estimates that I'll last about a week on the bus. Apparently she must think I am too prissy. Ha! I'm tougher than I look. I hope.
2 comments:
Look at it this way -- you'll collect plenty of blog-fodder from your morning commute people-watching!!
Plenty of props to you for braving the Cinci public transportation system. I have no doubt that you'll own it in the week your new boss gave you!
At least you get that whole time to multi-task and do stuff you couldn't do while you were driving your own car! Relax, enjoy your coffee, read, people watch. Not too bad! And if you're late - it's the bus's fault, not yours!!! :)
Post a Comment