Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bubbly

You read stuff all the time that says babies hear music in utero and can recognize it again once they're born. That theory appears to be true at our house this evening!

When I was pregnant with Audrey, Colbie Caillat was very popular on the radio. As in, we probably heard "Bubbly" about 350 billion times (no exaggeration!). Although some of her songs kind of annoyed me, I remember thinking to myself that it would be good soothing baby music; once Audrey got here, I checked it out from the library and uploaded it to her iPod (yes, my 3-month old has her own iPod. What's it to ya?). I forgot it was there until tonight.

The wee one has a cold right now so she's kinda crabby. But I pushed play and she was instantly happy. Cooing, smiling, dancing... It was awesome!

Now, I realize it could have been a total fluke... Maybe she would have done that for any playlist. But let me have this one. It reminded me how truly amazing she is, and how incredible it is that my body MADE her.

Wow.

For the record, "Bubbly" might be my favorite song now, if for no other reason than it makes me think of one of the most amazing gifts I've ever received - my new iPod!! I kid, I kid. I'm obviously referring to miss Audrey. :)

3 comments:

Kate The Great said...

She is gorgeous and that smile is stunning!!! It is amazing... I know my niece loved Flow Rida's Low "Apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur..." It's great when you see them react to something we take for granted - very special :)

Hey... so did you get a fancy iTouch?!!

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

that is awesome, does that mean my little one will become instantly happy if he hears me turn into psycho bitch because lets face it, that's what he heard in utero.

the ipod is a great idea! I have an mp3 for the 3 year old and it is a life saver sometimes!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know you were on blogger! What a beautiful little girl you have! Yes, I can relate to how awesome it is that we can actually give birth to these amazing little beings! I am so happy for you and look forward to meeting Aubrey in person some day!

Tami