Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Half a year

We've hit the six-month mark with the Princess. Can you believe it? We've all survived the first half-year of her life!

Some thoughts and observations to celebrate this milestone:
- Our friend told us that we'd reach the "subdungeon of tired" during this time. He was right.
- He also said it was worth every sleepless night. Also right.
- Pureed meat in the baby food jars looks like something Larry may have hacked up in the backyard. Looks like the Wee One will be a vegetarian until she can chew the real stuff.
- Except for the fact that this week I know she is 26 weeks old, I otherwise have stopped counting weeks and go strictly by months now. I wonder at what point I will stop counting by month and just go with years?
- I despise the message boards at babycenter.com, yet I also can't seem to stop reading them. Example: there's a woman on one of the boards who literally starts a thread approximately every 10 minutes. "Getting a drink of water." "My doctor just called." "Going to bed now." Really, dude. I don't need the play-by-play of your day. That's what Twitter is for. (And I still wouldn't care.) (But I still can't stop reading.) (So, yes, it's totally my fault.)
- We've had professional pictures taken at 3 months and 6 months... And have gotten suckered into the three pose package both times. DOH!!!
- I am six months post-partum and STILL have not had a margarita. There is something very wrong with this picture.
- I will sometimes drive to the next town over if Princess is asleep on the way home from daycare. Her babysitter isn't great about enforcing the late afternoon nap, and we're all much happier with even that 15 minute car nap!
- Babies R Us coupons are a ripoff. I can usually get the same stuff cheaper at Target.
- "Cry it out" is the WORST. EVER. We've only done it a couple of times (luckily we don't need to do it more often) but when she cries, every fiber of my being tenses up and wants to immediately swoop her up.
- I can't wait to see where the next six months take us! :)

No comments: