Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Creative parenting

All those pregnancy and parenting books always say that the only thing a new mother should be doing the first several weeks of the baby's life is feed and take care of the baby and yourself.

Well... That's all fine and good, but who the hell is going to do my laundry?

So, we had to get creative today. Audrey decided that napping solo was out of the question today (read: every day) and I had a mountain of laundry to tackle. Enter baby bjorn in the morning, which I discovered was a little too painful with so much bending over... And boppy in a laundry basket in the afternoon.

Mama's little helper. I hope I wasn't breaking any child labor laws. Doh! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LADY!! I seem to remember taking a picture of you in a laundry basket. But you were a little bigger - say a college freshman (maybe a sophmore?). Audrey is just getting a head start in life.

LMJ said...

i noticed she's wearing her "i love mommy" onzies..she sure is a little helper!!

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

your a genius! I'm so stealing that, and to think my only idea was to make a onsie out of one side of velcro and apply the other side as a wall treatment.

your way seems much less... "child protective service" worthy