I remember what I wore seven years ago today.
I remember driving to work that day.
I remember thinking about what a gorgeous, perfect fall day it was.
I remember turning on the TV at my desk and thinking that it just HAD to be an accident.
I remember my tool of a coworker running into my office proclaiming that he had to get home before the terrorists struck Cincinnati. (he was serious, too)
I remember my extreme confusion, anger and sadness.
I remember being one of the suckers who waited in line for an hour to get gas, fearing price gouging.
I remember, admittedly, being annoyed that every single television channel was covering the event for weeks when all I really wanted was an escape from it all.
I saved the "special coverage" newspaper insert from September 12... And it's still sitting in my drawer, unread because I know it will make me sad all over again. Now that I'm a mom, I'm glad I have it so I can someday show Audrey when she learns about it in history class.
Thanks for letting me share. Larry's World will be back with cute stories and pictures tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment